Quarter of a Century
A quarter of a century passes by so fast. It's already my birthday month, and I am still not quit believing that I've lived for this long. Time flies. Here is a cliche list of things I've learned in 25 years:
25. You never have enough time. Don't hesitate. Carpe Diem.
24. Don't take yourself too seriously. Laugh at yourself, so that you can laugh with others. 23. Your dignity costs more than you can afford, so don't sell it for a higher paycheck.
22. Don't be afraid to chase your dreams. The worst that can happen is that you start chasing a new one. 21. It's fine to be silly and weird. It's not fine to pretend like you're a normal robot.
20. The people make the situation, so try to go through tough times with great friends.
19. Being alone is when you realize you're not really alone. It sounds scary, but it's not supposed to be. 18. Adulting is hard, but at least you're an adult. 17. Don't freak out bout things you can't control. It'll just make you freak out more. 16. There are no guarantees in life. No one owes you anything; learn to be grateful, rather than expect. 15. The more you give, the more you receive. Even when it feels otherwise. 14. Friendships don't always adapt well to change, but that's okay. 13. Working hard isn't always going to get you where you want to go, but it builds character. 12. Try all angles when you are taking photos. You learn to view the world in a different perspective. 11. Love yourself, so you know how to love others without compromise. 10. Don't be set in your ways. There's always room for improvement. 9. Let go and let God work. That's the only way. Not of ourselves, but through God. 8. Live like every day will be your last, so you won't be afraid when it really is. 7. The world is full of scary people. Being scared of them won't make life easier. 6. Travelling will teach you more about people than a sociology class can. 5. Do not mourn for the dead, but celebrate their lives. It honours their life in yours. 4. Learning is never going to go out of style. Stay relevant and keep learning and teaching. 3. Life is a roller coaster ride, so just be patient and wait for the ups to follow the downs. 2. Speak your mind, because it means more than you think. 1. You're worth more than you think.
What are some things you've learned along the way of your life? :) I'd love to learn about the little stories you have accumulated along the way!